Gil Cedillo is a California state Assemblyman who frequently acts more like an agent of the Mexican government. He's often referred to as "One Bill Gil" for his continual attempts to pass a bill giving drivers licenses to illegal aliens.
* Another bill he pushes is the California version of the DREAM Act, which in various forms allows illegal aliens to take college slots or college discounts away from U.S. citizens. Barack Obama endorsed the 2007 version of the bill, and an Obama ad highlighted that Cedillo had endorsed him.
* He wanted to create an "Office of Immigrant Affairs".
* He proposed an "Unconstitutional Towing and Driver's License Resolution" that was approved by the National Latino Congreso.
* He admitted that "Latinos have displaced other work communities - clothing, hotel, and restaurant industries that used to be done by blacks and anglos" and then said, "since Latinos are now central to union revitalization, through immigration and high birth rates unions can be partisan for full Latino empowerment."
* He compared amnesty to ending U.S. slavery, giving women the right to vote, and ending Japanese internment in a speech supporting an immigration march. He co-authored a resolution in support of that march.
* In 2008, he spoke at an immigration march; another speaker was a Mexican politician.