California Department of Public Health Public Records Act request 1/11/21
The following is a Covid19-related Public Records Act request sent to the California Department of Public Health on 1/11/21. They've requested an extension and their reply will be posted when it's available. See the Covid19 page for the background details.
"The Tiers" is defined as the past, current, and future COVID-19 vaccine group priority tiers as proposed or discussed by the State of California.
"The Low-Risk Group" is defined as those California residents under 50 years of age who have at most one risk factor for COVID-19.
"The High-Risk Group" is defined as those California residents over 50 years of age or those of any age who have multiple risk factors for COVID-19.
1. Any records involving the Tiers that object to or raise concerns about vaccinating the Low-Risk Group before vaccinating the High-Risk Group.
2. Any records involving the Tiers that discuss the system of tiers (generally speaking, elderly/older/high-risk being prioritized over young/healthy) being followed by Texas, Israel, or the UK.
3. Any records regarding the numbers of deaths and/or ICU stays among the various groups comprising the Tiers on a per-group basis. For example, documents with the number of deaths of grocery store clerks due to COVID-19, ICU stays by teachers due to COVID-19, etc. I am not seeking any personally-identifiable information.
4. Any records involving the Tiers that mention "social justice", "racial justice", "equitable", or similar terms.
5. Any records involving the Tiers that discuss any form of racial/ethnic/political discrimination, racial/ethnic/political bias, racial/ethnic/political favoritism, affirmative action, or similar, whether explicitly or implicitly (such as by adding Sickle Cell-related conditions to the list of risk factors, selecting certain groups to receive the vaccine before others due to their racial/ethnic/political composition, etc.)
6. Any records involving the Tiers that discuss the racial/ethnic/political composition of any of the groups involved. For example: "older people are mostly GOP so can be deprioritized", "we have to give the vaccine to teachers before the elderly because we need the CTA on our side", etc).
7. Any records involving the Tiers that project various scenarios depending on which groups are prioritized. For example: "we will have X thousands of unnecessary deaths by prioritizing healthy young people ahead of the elderly/older/high-risk", etc.
8. Any records regarding any disruptions to the supply chain due to the workers in the Tiers becoming ill. For instance, a reduction in the output of meat products due to COVID-19-related illnesses among the workers in the related industries, a difficulty stocking grocery store shelves due to COVID-19-related illnesses among grocery store workers, etc. I am not requesting worries/concerns/etc about such incidents happening, but specific cases of it having happened.