S.744 Immigration bill - Sec. 4601: EXTENSION OF RETURNING WORKER EXEMPTION TO H-2B NUMERICAL LIMITATION
Posted Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:58 pm
- (a) In General-
- (1) IN GENERAL- Subparagraph (A) of paragraph (10) of
section 214(g) (8 U.S.C. 1184(g)), as redesignated by section
4101(a)(3), is amended by striking `fiscal year 2004, 2005, or 2006' and
inserting `fiscal year 2013 shall not again be counted toward such
limitation during fiscal years 2014 through 2018.'.
- (2) EFFECTIVE PERIOD- The amendment made by paragraph
(1) shall be effective during the period beginning on the effective date
described in subsection (c) and ending on September 30, 2018.
- (b) Technical and Clarifying Amendments-
- (1) NONIMMIGRANT STATUS- Section 101(a)(15)(P) (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(P)) is amended--
- (A) in clause (iii), by striking `or' at the end;
- (B) in clause (iv), by striking `clause (i), (ii), or (iii),' and inserting `clause (i), (ii), (iii), or (iv)';
- (C) by redesignating `clause (iv)' as `clause (v)'; and
- (D) by inserting after `clause (iii)' the following new clause:
- `(iv) is a ski instructor seeking to enter the United States temporarily to perform instructing services; or'.
- (2) AUTHORIZED PERIOD OF STAY; NUMERICAL LIMITATION-
Section 214(a)(2)(B) (8 U.S.C. 1184(a)(2)(B)) is amended in the second
- (A) by inserting `or ski instructors' after `athletes'; and
- (B) by inserting `or ski instructor' after `athlete'.
- (3) CONSTRUCTION- Nothing in the amendments made by
this subsection may be construed as preventing an alien who is a ski
instructor from obtaining nonimmigrant status under section
101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C.
1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b)) if such alien is otherwise qualified for such
- (c) Effective Date- The amendment made by subsection (a) shall take effect as if enacted on January 1, 2013.
EXTENSION OF RETURNING WORKER EXEMPTION TO H-2B NUMERICAL LIMITATION