S.744 Immigration bill - Sec. 3601: DEFINITIONS
Posted Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:57 pm
- (a) In General- Except as otherwise provided by this
subtitle, the terms used in this subtitle shall have the same meanings,
respectively, as are given those terms in section 3 of the Fair Labor
Standards Act of 1938 (29 U.S.C. 203).
- (b) Other Definitions-
- (1) FOREIGN LABOR CONTRACTOR- The term `foreign labor
contractor' means any person who performs any foreign labor contracting
activity, including any person who performs foreign labor contracting
activity wholly outside of the United States, except that the term does
not include any entity of the United States Government.
- (2) FOREIGN LABOR CONTRACTING ACTIVITY- The term
`foreign labor contracting activity' means recruiting, soliciting,
hiring, employing, sponsoring, managing, furnishing, processing visa
applications for, transporting, or housing an individual who resides
outside of the United States in furtherance of employment in the United
States, including when such activity occurs wholly outside of the United
- (3) PERSON- The term `person' means any natural person
or any corporation, company, firm, partnership, joint stock company or
association or other organization or entity (whether organized under law
or not), including municipal corporations.
- (4) SECRETARY- The term the `Secretary' means the Secretary of Labor.
- (5) WORKER- the term `worker' means an individual or
exchange visitor who is the subject of foreign labor contracting