S.744 Immigration bill - Sec. 4604: NONIMMIGRANTS PERFORMING MAINTENANCE ON COMMON CARRIERS
Posted Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm
- Section 214 (8 U.S.C. 1184), as amended by sections 3609,
4233, 4405, 4503, 4504, 4602, and 4603, is further amended by adding at
the end following:
- `(z) Nonimmigrants Performing Maintenance on Common Carrier-
- `(1) IN GENERAL- An alien coming individually, or
aliens coming as a group, who possess specialized knowledge to perform
maintenance or repairs for common carriers, including to airlines,
cruise lines, and railways, if such maintenance or repairs are occurring
to equipment or machinery manufactured outside of the United States and
are needed for purposes relating to life, health, and safety, may be
admitted to the United States pursuant to section 101(a)(15)(B) for a
period of not more than 90 days if each such alien has been employed in a
foreign country by 1 employer for not less than 1 year prior to the
date the alien is so admitted.
- `(2) PROHIBITION ON INCOME FROM A UNITED STATES SOURCE-
During a period of admission pursuant to paragraph (1), an alien may
not receive a income from a United States source, except for incidental
expenses for meals, travel, lodging, and other basic services.
- `(3) FEE-
- `(A) IN GENERAL- An alien admitted pursuant to paragraph (1) shall pay a fee of $500.
- `(B) USE OF FEE- The fees collected under
subparagraph (A) shall be deposited in the Comprehensive Immigration
Reform Trust Fund established under section 6 of the Border Security,
Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act'.
Subtitle G--W Nonimmigrant Visas
NONIMMIGRANTS PERFORMING MAINTENANCE ON COMMON CARRIERS