S.744 Immigration bill - Sec. 3303: MANDATORY EXIT SYSTEM
Posted Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:57 pm
- (a) Establishment- Not later than December 31, 2015, the
Secretary shall establish a mandatory exit data system that shall
include a requirement for the collection of data from machine-readable
visas, passports, and other travel and entry documents for all
categories of aliens who are exiting from air and sea ports of entry.
- (b) Integration and Interoperability-
- (1) INTEGRATION OF DATA SYSTEM- The Secretary shall
fully integrate all data from databases and data systems that process or
contain information on aliens, which are maintained by--
- (A) the Department, at--
- (i) the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
- (ii) the U.S. Customs and Border Protection; and
- (iii) the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- (B) the Department of Justice, at the Executive Office for Immigration Review; and
- (C) the Department of State, at the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- (2) INTEROPERABLE COMPONENT- The fully integrated data
system under paragraph (1) shall be an interoperable component of the
exit data system.
- (3) INTEROPERABLE DATA SYSTEM- The Secretary shall
fully implement an interoperable electronic data system to provide
current and immediate access to information in the databases of Federal
law enforcement agencies and the intelligence community that is relevant
- (A) whether to issue a visa; or
- (B) the admissibility or deportability of an alien.
- (4) TRAINING- The Secretary shall establish ongoing
training modules on immigration law to improve adjudications at United
States ports of entry, consulates, and embassies.
MANDATORY EXIT SYSTEM