U.S. Representative of Illinois; Democrat; a vile but buffoonish racial demagogue and very strong supporter of illegal immigration; born in Chicago of Puerto Rican descent. Assuming that he'll put his own interests and the interests of Latinos far ahead of the interests of the U.S. as a whole is usually a very safe bet.
* Has advanced various amnesties (2004, 2007 with Jeff Flake, and 2009). He laughed about one of the provisions of the Flake amnesty being just a "symbolic gesture".
* In August 2008, he called DHS agents "Gestapo agents"
* In 2006, he tried to get Illinois to give home loans to illegal aliens, with a better interest rate than veterans got.
* Recipient of one of Mexico's highest awards for foreigners.
* Has held events and tours promoting amnesty.
* In 2007, he was to meet with Mexican officials to discuss amnesty.
* He supports "a common land, language, life and history, which translates into a common culture", but he said that referring to Puerto Rico.
Affiliation: Democratic Party
See all the posts below for even more information on him.