Many of those who attended the recent immigration marches are foreign citizens who are here illegally. But, it doesn't stop there. For instance, one rally organizer is a former Mexican consul general and another is an official with a Mexican political party.
Not surprisingly, the MSM has barely mentioned such links. The reader is strongly encouraged to contact media sources and suggest that instead of simply reporting what goes on at future marches they do some journalism and look into any links between organizers and foreign governments or institutions.
If you see any MSM reports that fail to report such links, please contact the reporter and suggest that they tell the whole truth next time. And, if you have a blog, publicize that reporter's omission of such a key fact.
Here are some of the links, there are probably more:
1. One of the organizers of the March boycott/rally in Georgia  was Teodoro Maus, a former Mexican consul general.
2. Jorge Mujica is a spokesman for the March 10 Committee , which organized the Chicago rally on that date. He's also an official with Mexico's PRD Party ("Party for Democratic Revolution").  . He has some involvement either as a leader or a spokesman of the newly-formed umbrella group called the "National Alliance for Immigrant Rights".   
3. The group that organized the March 10 rally in Chicago first met on Feb. 15. The two who convened the meeting were an organizer in a Service Employees International Union local and Omar Lopez, who "serves on the Institute for Mexicans Abroad, an advisory council to Mexican President Vicente Fox".  In April, Lopez spoke out about the ICE show raids of IFCO Systems. 
4. One of the sponsors  of one of the May 1 Los Angeles marches was CHIRLA ("Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles") , a group that has allegedly collaborated with the Mexican government. They're also a member of the We Are America alliance with several other groups.   . They are also in the National Capital Immigration Coalition with the ICIRR, also a member of the WAAA.
5. The Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform (ILIR) is partly funded by the Irish government. It's unknown whether they've helped organize any of the larger immigration marches, but in addition to minor things such as taking part in St. Patrick's Day parades wearing t-shirts supporting legalization , and at least providing t-shirts to two participants in a March Los Angeles rally , they've organized trips to Washington which were greeted by major politicians.  Other activities are listed on their press page. 
Please contact news sources that might cover the upcoming marches and suggest that they do a little journalism instead of simply acting as transcription service for groups that might be linked to foreign governments or foreign political parties.
 "Immigration rallies draw thousands nationwide" 3/14/06 AP
 "March organizers seek citizenship for all immigrants" by Oscar Avila, Chicago Tribune, 5/23/06. (excerpt)
 This cached page says: "[Mujica has] participated in several political and community based organizations, and is currently the Secretary General of the Mexican Party for Democratic Revolution, PRD, as well as a member of the Steering Committee of the March 10 Movement, organizer of the march and May Day immigrant marches in Chicago".
 Search for "jorge mujica" prd
 "Pro-immigration groups seek formal political power" by Oscar Avila and Antonio Olivo, 8/14/06 (link)
 tinyurl.com/nc4lf, describing the convention where NAIR was formed, says: "The most important thing is that we gave the movement a national structure that will allow us to coordinate our actions," Jorge Mujica, one of the key organizers of the convention told reporters shortly after the meeting concluded. (That page also links to this google video featuring Mujica: tinyurl.com/qz5mk)
 Chicago 'Giant' put rest of country on notice by Scott Fornek, April 2 2006 link
 In addition to the groups listed in , the National Council of La Raza has joined their alliance: nclr.org/content/news/detail/39296/
 "Immigrant Supporters To Counter Bush Speech" May 15, 2006 link
 "Irish join battle over illegal immigration", S.F. Chronicle, 3/15/06 (reprinted at irishlobbyusa.org/press/sfgatemar15.php)
 "Irish On the March in LA" 3/29/06 (link)
 The 3/10/06 article "McCain and Hillary Rally Illegals" has more on their funding by the Irish government and includes the following: "More than 2,400 undocumented Irish immigrants and their supporters rallied in Washington yesterday in support of an immigration reform bill that would allow them to remain in the U.S. legally." This report further noted that "Senators Kennedy, John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer addressed the demonstrators, who wore white T-shirts with the slogan 'Legalize the Irish.'"
Fri, 09/01/2006 - 08:10 · Importance: 9