Sources for DHS rightwing extremism report: ADL, SPLC, NYT, LAT, Dave Weigel...
* Several links to the Anti Defamation League. See the link for more on them.
* Several pages at a "kooky" site I've never heard of before, including this page: whatdoesitmean . com/index1132.htm According to Quantcast (FWIW), that site gets just slightly more visitors per month than this site.
* The WorldNetDaily article "Can you survive economic crisis? Booming preparedness industry says Americans are stockpiling" (wnd . com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90947)
* The New York Times article "On Concerns Over Gun Control, Gun Sales Are Up" (nytimes . com/2008/11/07/us/07guns.html). A quick glance didn't raise any red flags, but the NYT isn't exactly known to be sympathetic to rightwing gun owners.
* "White extremists lash out over election of nation's first black president" (articles . latimes . com/2008/nov/23/nation/na-klan23). I suspect that a close reading of that article would reveal several "problems".
* "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009" (govtrack . us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45). Even Snopes says that would grab guns (snopes . com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp).
 splcenter . org/blog/2008/10/29/anti-latino-hate-crimes-rise-for-fourth-year
 washingtonindependent . com/37511/at-gun-show-conservatives-panic-about-obama