A group of lawmakers, business leaders and agriculture producers will gather on Capitol Hill to demand Border Security be paired with Immigration Reform. Border security without immigration reform will leave agriculture without access to a legal, stable workforce and raise the costs of American agricultural products.Those joining the good Senator at the "rally" include:
* Rep. Adam Putnam (R-Fla.)In related news, Craig recently tried to insert his AgJobs amnesty scheme into an Iraq funding bill.
* Thomas E. Stenzel, President and CEO, United Fresh Produce Association
* R. Bruce Josten, executive vice president, Government Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (also here)
* Michael S. Kaufman, treasurer of the Board of Directors, National Restaurant Association
* Maureen Torrey, Torrey Farms (Elba, N.Y.), and co-chairman of United Fresh Produce Association
Immigration · Mon, 09/11/2006 - 14:14 · Importance: 1