Dede Scozzafava has withdrawn from the NY-23 race in upstate New York, leaving conservative and tea parties favorite Doug Hoffman squaring off against Democrat Bill Owens; the odds are speculated about here. As it turns out, the supposed insurgent conservative candidate appears to be weak on immigration matters (see also this update based on his comments about this issue), meaning that if he wins he might support guest workers and perhaps even an amnesty; both of those would lead to additional spending, higher taxes for his supporters, and reduced long-term political power for his supporters. Pointing that out to as many people as possible in as public a way as possible would have an impact on the election, and the best way to do that is to go to his public appearances and ask him the questions below on video. That video can then be uploaded to Youtube and similar sites where his supporters can see it; see the question authority summary for an action plan.
For Owens supporters, getting a video like that would reduce Hoffman's position with his base. For Hoffman supporters, getting a video like that might encourage him to drop his apparent Bush/RINO-like position on this issue.
A few questions follow, and see the immigration questions for Republicans for more:
1. Would you support comprehensive immigration refom under some circumstances? If so, please specify the exact circumstances and pre-conditions under which you'd support "reform".
2. Do you support the DREAM Act? (If he says yes, ask him the question at the link. If he doesn't know what that is, explain it to him in a slightly condescending but not counter-productive tone.)
3. Do you support AgJOBS? If so, please provide detailed responses to the critics of that amnesty.
4. What do you think about the National Council of La Raza?
5. If you support "guest" workers, can you answer my question?
Sat, 10/31/2009 - 15:57 · Importance: 4