2006: Grover Norquist supported amnesty with U.S. CofC, far-left ACLU, NCLR, SEIU, NIF, USCCB, AFL-CIO
On January 12, 2006, the American Bar Association held a conference called "Fortress America: Comprehensive Immigration Reform" at the National Press Club in Washington DC in support of that "reform" and specifically in opposition to HR4437. The brightest lights in the amnesty firmament showed up, all in support of amnesty. I saw video of the event on CSPAN (IIRC) at the time, and it would be great if someone could see if it's available somewhere. A transcript is here.
One of those sitting next to a series of far-lefties and nodding right along was Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform.
The others were (associations as at link):
* Paul Igasaki, Chair, Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities, American Bar Association
* Christina DeConcini, Policy Director, National Immigration Forum
* Angelo Amador, Director of Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* J. Kevin Appleby, Director of the Office of Immigration and Refugee Policy, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
* Ana Avendano, Associate General Counsel and Director of Immigrant Worker Programs, AFL-CIO
* Eliseo Medina, International Executive Vice President, SEIU
* Cecilia Munoz, Vice President of the Office of Research, Advocacy and Legislation, National Council of La Raza
* Anthony Romero, Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union
Note that Munoz is now part of the Obama administration.
2/20/13 UPDATE: Video is at c-spanvideo.org/program/190680-1
If someone can upload just the parts showing Norquist's nodding along with his far-left associates, that would be appreciated.