... strongly support legal immigration."
Kevin Appleby, director of immigration policy for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said in an e-mail to The Post that "pro-life legislators should think twice about working with these groups, as their underlying goals are inconsistent with a pro-life agenda."
1. Things like this aren't new: during the George W Bush years, Chris Cannon and other...
... McCarrick (Washington Diocese), Kevin Appleby (US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Sister Ann Curtis (Sisters of Mercy)
* Leadership Conference on Civil Rights: Wade Henderson, Nancy Zirkin
* American Friends Service Committee: "Ruth" from the Friends Committee on National Legislation
* Esperanza USA: Luis Cortes
* Sheryl Sandberg Facebook
* Howard Buffett: Buffett Philanthropies (Warren...
... I don’t know what is," said Kevin Appleby, a spokesman for the bishops. He said the status would allow Haitian immigrants here to work here and send money back to relatives in Haiti trying to recover from the quake.
Appleby's proposal is at heart immoral: he would encourage Haiti to become even more dependent on the U.S. than they already are and he would embed that dependence in their society,...
... U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* J. Kevin Appleby, Director of the Office of Immigration and Refugee Policy, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
* Ana Avendano, Associate General Counsel and Director of Immigrant Worker Programs, AFL-CIO
* Eliseo Medina, International Executive Vice President, SEIU
* Cecilia Munoz, Vice President of the Office of Research, Advocacy and Legislation, National...
... immigration supporters (see the Kevin Appleby quote below) and racial power groups to portray the Bush administration as a bunch of meanies, which doesn't seem to square with their supposed play for the "Hispanic vote". The only ones who would support this plan would be corrupt growers and food processors and a fairly small number of completely corrupt GOP Senators.
Not only does it make no...