ICIRR First Draft of Batavia September 1 march press release
...The march is being planned in conjunction with the [[Chinese American Service League]] (CASL), Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR), [[Korean Resource and Cultural Center]] (KRCC), [[Polish American Association]] (PAA), other community groups, Catholic and Muslim organizations, and labor unions and many other organizations...
...Through the [[New Americans Democracy Project]], a group of 21 fellows such as Jorge Neri are promoting citizenship and active participation of the community as well as registering thousands of citizens across the state to vote. They will be registering new voters for the November Elections during the Immigrant Worker Justice Walk. "We believe in the importance of having our voices heard and for that reason we want to encourage people to become citizens and vote," said Juan Salgado, President of ICIRR...
- Esther Wong, executive director of CASL; they're IDed as hosting the "kickoff" on September 1 in Chicago's Chinatown.
- Rev. Willie T. Barrow of Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Toure Mohammad from the Service Employees International Union
- Artemio Arreola from the Chicago March 10 Movement
- Jorge Mujica from the Chicago March 10 Movement
- Rosi Carrasco from the Chicago March 10 Movement