Sam Brownback's false compassion
Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) supports illegal immigration and giving an amnesty to those illegal aliens currently here out of "humanitarian" grounds.
Let's take a look at just how much "compassion" there is in his support for illegal immigration. His "compassion" would lead to:
- more illegal immigration into the U.S.
- more of the associated worker abuse
- more border deaths
- entrenching the Mexican oligarchy and preventing reforms
- increased political power in the U.S. for the Mexican government
- lower wages for low-wage American citizens
- more corruption in the U.S. as politicians are paid off by those profiting off illegal activity
Obviously, there are many more that could be added. I understand how Brownback wants to show compassion. After thinking this through, he'll realize that the only way to do that is to simply enforce our laws.