How to Argue Like a "Liberal"
Posted Tue, Mar 3, 2004 at 10:42 pm
- Make an untrue statement.
- Deny that you said what you said.
- Deny that the other party understood what you said.
- Deny that the words you used mean what the other party claims they mean.
- Redefine your definition and hope the other person forgets the previous one. Repeat as needed.
- Assert that since definitions are irrelevant and subjective, the other person is mean-spirited, racist, sexist, intolerant and obsessive.
- Change the subject.
See also this chestnut: 'How to Argue Like A Lefty in a Weblog Comments Board':