S.744 Immigration bill - Sec. 4231: POSTING AVAILABLE POSITIONS THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Posted Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:58 pm
- (a) Department of Labor Website- Section 212(n) (8 U.S.C. 1182(n)) is amended by adding at the end following:
- `(6)(A) Not later than 90 days after the date of the
enactment of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration
Modernization Act, the Secretary of Labor shall establish a searchable
Internet website for posting positions as required by paragraph (1)(C).
Such website shall be available to the public without charge.
- `(B) The Secretary may work with private companies or
nonprofit organizations to develop and operate the Internet website
described in subparagraph (A).
- `(C) The Secretary may promulgate rules, after notice and a
period for comment, to carry out the requirements of this paragraph.'.
- (b) Requirement for Publication- The Secretary of Labor
shall submit to Congress and publish in the Federal Register and other
appropriate media a notice of the date that the Internet website
required by paragraph (6) of section 212(n) of such Act, as amended by
subsection (a), will be operational.
- (c) Application- The amendments made by subsection (a)
shall apply to an application filed on or after the date that is 30 days
after the date described in subsection (b).
POSTING AVAILABLE POSITIONS THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR